Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the MLB Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games, features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans. Marquee is also the television home of the WNBA Chicago Sky, providing a variety of exciting coverage.
Marquee Sports Network is looking for a team-first, ambitious, and creative freelance Production Assistant to help create content for our broadcast platform. The PA will work under award-winning Producers and alongside all members of our energetic and fun production staff to assist in accomplishing our daily tasks under tight deadlines.
- Bring a positive and creative attitude daily
- Pitching creative ideas to enhance all aspects of our broadcasts
- Logging and archiving video
- Editing video elements for on-air product
- Assisting editors in finding specific video and sound for higher end montages
- Creating highlights for our shows along with writing shot-sheet for on-air personalities
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Video editing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excels under tight deadlines
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Team player, willing to collaborate and take direction from producers
- Ambitious to learn and expand skillset when receiving training
- Must be willing to work weekends, nights and some holidays (schedule built around live sporting event hours)
- Knowledge of sports gambling preferred but not required
- BA in Digital Media, Broadcasting, Journalism is preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under a pressurized live television environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Possess the visual acuity to work in darkened edit rooms for extended periods of time to produce required content
- Possess auditory acuity to effectively listen to instructions via intercom system, phones, etc.
Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.About Us
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere. We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team.About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.